Everyone loves rice, but what if you could get the same great taste without all of the carbs and calories? You can with cauliflower rice! This dish is so easy to make and you only need 10 minutes to whip it up. Cauliflower has a similar texture to regular white rice, but it’s packed with nutritional benefits like vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and fiber. Whip some up today for a delicious side dish or even a hearty meal in itself!
Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Ingredients Needed for the Best Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium to large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- Optional: Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into medium chunks and discard the core. Working in batches, pulse the chunks in a food processor until broken into tiny pieces, just bigger than couscous. Alternatively use a grater and grate into tiny pieces.
- Wrap the cauliflower rice in a clean tea towel or paper towel, twist, and squeeze as much water as possible from the rice. Cauliflower varies quite a bit in its moisture level, and this step ensures that it cooks well.
- Warm a pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, followed by the garlic. Cook while stirring for about 10 to 20 seconds.
Add the cauliflower rice and salt, stir to combine.
Cook, stirring just every minute or so, until the cauliflower rice is hot, turn-ing golden in places, about 6 to 10 minutes.
Remove form heat. Stir in the chopped fresh herbs and citrus. (if using) Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve warm. (Leftover cau-liflower rice will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Gently reheat in the microwave or on the stove top before serving)